Wednesday 16 October 2013

Little adventure through Devon

Hello all,

It's been a few days since my last post but soooo much has gone on! So lets start from the beginning. We drove to Exeter to see Ben's mum and help out around the house/ do a bit of shopping ;). This is a little bit of an adventure post and little bit of an outfit post. We arrived Friday night after work and Saturday I hit the town to go on a well deserved shopping trip. So I started off in some charity shops, with no success, followed by Zara. there were some amazing pieces in Zara I was desperate to buy this jacket! (Not enough money, sad face).

For the last few weeks I had been filling up shopping baskets on various websites with the hope of eventually buying all of it. H&M is my all time favourite shop at the moment. My virtual shopping basket was full to the brim and I went into the shop to see all the amazing things I wanted to buy. I tried all of it and yes... bought most of it, oups!

So lets start with item number one: the red dress. Beautiful material and amazing for going out with the girls, work attire and walking through town doing some shopping. My version of this dress is a deep red. Item number two is a smock style, white top with lovely tribal embroidery. Item number three is a warm, snuggly but smart coat, it's one of the best pieces of the day! So down to the serious business: my first pair of casual heeled, black, leather ankle boots. These are sophisticated, smart but still a bit trendy. I'm the youngest girl in my office surrounded by people who are married with kids and settled. I'm seen as the youngster, so I thought coming to work looking a little more sophisticated and grown up may help with the "kid" image people see me as. I've posted a picture below, let me know what you think!


Jacket- H&M
Boots- H&M

Sunday afternoon we went for a family lunch on the outskirts of Exeter where we had a nice home cooked meal and went for a walk. It started raining and the kids loved running through the puddles and picking up acorns, leaves and other bits and bobs in the woods. 



We spent Monday morning in the beautiful Exmouth. It was my first time in Exmouth and it was stunning. This may have been due to the beautiful Autumn light but the view was gorgeous and the town was lovely and cosy. Ben's auntie Emma owns this lovely, little crafty shop in Exmouth with lots of gift ideas and decorations (my dream shop). The shop was filled with Rob Ryan pieces, cool little notebooks etc. It was my first time in the shop and I could have spent thousands of pounds there. Hopefully my house will look like her shop one day!



I had such a lovely, relaxed week end!

What have you guys been up to? Any adventures?


No comments:

Post a Comment