Tuesday 8 October 2013

Newquay

Hello all,

As you can see I haven't been online for a while with starting work and starting a new e-learning course with the Learning People. So before I bore you with the info on the new course, I wanted to share some pictures and bits and bobs about my week end away in Newquay!

So... For my friends 23 birthday I took her to Newquay for a spa week end away. We stayed in a very smart hotel with a sea view called The Esplanade


We arrived in Newquay to be greeted by rain. This didn't drown our spirits as we decided to go for a walk along the beach and make a sand castle. This is a picture of my friend Rosie, below. She is always the more stylish, petite one out of all of us so I try and get snaps of her when she looks all glam. (She hates it!). PS: don't you love her poncho/jacket (Sainsbury's my friends)?


The weather cleared up and we sat on the beach soaking up the view. We decided to head back to the hotel to make the most of our luxurious spa facilities for which the pictures on the site were slightly misleading. Although the pool, sauna and jacuzzi were available they were not particularly well kept and could do with a little TLC. After spending hours in the pool we went back to our beautiful sea view room to make the both of jacuzzi number 2- in our bathroom! WAOo! (Highlight of my trip)

A bit if pampering later and we headed down to the bar for some cocktails, champagne and a three course dinner. The staff were fabulous and the cocktails were amazing and sooo yummy! 


The food however was once again described as something it wasn't. I found the meal experience quite tasteless and certainly not home made. As disappointed as I was in the value for money this was compensated for by all the friendly people who work there. 

Overall I would rate it at a 6 out of 10. The experience was good but I'm not sure whether this was because of the company rather the hotel itself. It was an incredibly expensive night stay and if I was to visit Newquay again for a spa retreat I would most likely try somewhere different.

So does anyone have some stories to share about girlie week ends away??? Keep in touch!




No comments:

Post a Comment