Thursday 10 October 2013

The Helford

Hello all,

Our latest adventure has taken us to Helford in Cornwall, a beautiful scenic place in the depth of the celtic county. Ben and I don't get many chances to go for nice walks which is quite sad considering we live in what I think is one of the most beautiful counties in the UK. Helford is a place I had only been to once in my four years here. We went to a little beach to walk the puppy we were doggy sitting. This time, we went to a forest. Yes just some woods... At first I thought: WOW! (Sarcasm) I get to see trees (things I see a lot of) but no, this place is completely different to anything I've seen before. We walked through these woods to find out that they stopped on the sea front. I got to walk, hike, climb, it was fantastic!

We started by walking (or if your me: falling) down a hill through the woods and took a pew on the rocks by the sea. We took some lovely pictures, which I will share with you in just a tick. To get back up the big hill i fell down, I have to hold on to ropes attached to trees to pull myself up. It was such a beautiful, fun and childlike experience, something I haven't had for a while, everyone needs to act like a kid once and a while!

When we got back up to the top of the hill we continued working around to the little town near by. The sun was starting to set and the scenery was gorgeous. The old school sailing boats were out in force and we picked blackberries with the intention of making a lovely blackberry pie (they are in the freezer, so no blackberry pie a the moment). We found this little private beach with a green shed where we sat for a while to take in the view before going home to the real world and getting our lunches ready before work the next day.

One crucial mistake on this little adventure: I decided to wear a dress! Ben did warn me that this could possible the worst idea ever but I've been determined to pay more attention to the way I look at the moment and unfortunately it back fired on me, BIG STYLE! On the plus side, the sunset on the wya home was more than beautiful.



 



                         
H&M jacket
                                  



So have any of you had any little adventures? This week has made me realise how important escapism really is.



No comments:

Post a Comment